Summary: Sinister forces plot against a young soldier after she reveals a magical power that may unite her world.
- The aesthetic was interesting. It reminded me SO much of a Wes Anderson movie.
- The costuming was really gorgeous. But also unbelievable? Would so many kids be okay wearing that all day everyday and not have the outfits get messed up from normal, everyday living?
- It’s not the easiest story to slip into. I know The Emergency is supposed to be odd and a bit confusing but I don’t know how accessible it is for people unfamiliar with the storyline.
- There’s not a huge ‘hook’ with the story. There’s not something that will quickly draw people into the story. Yes, there’s a mystery but I didn’t find to be one that I needed to watch the next episode ASAP (it took me months to finish the 8 episodes).
- It’s been years since I read the book so I’m unable to comment on how closely it stayed to the book.
Verdict: Good watch together family series for older kids. Not inappropriate for younger viewers but it might not capture & hold their attention.