So you want to learn the magic of Bookstagram? Let me share the secrets…
- Be You
- Take Bookish Pictures
- Post Bookish Pictures on Instagram
- Interact With Other Bookstagrammers
That’s it folks. I promise you don’t need a certificate to be a bookstagrammer or become a rep.
If you want to take your awesomeness to the next level, here are some things to try.
- Take clear, well lit photos. Clear your photo space of junk.
- Post as frequently as YOU can. Daily, weekly, whatever works for you.
- Participate in photo challenges.
- Make good use of your hashtags.
- Engaging captions will invite comments! Try to respond to comments if you can. Return to favor to other people’s feeds if possible.
- If you DO want to rep for a company, start by being their cheerleader. Buy their products, post stories and pictures of their products, share sales and other deals, comment on their photos. They’re more likely to pick an account they recognize.
I’m not an expert but these are things I’ve figured out on my own as well as from blogs I’ve read from other bookstagrammers. If you have questions or are struggling with your account, reach out and talk to your fellow bookstagrammers! Talk to people who TAKE pictures not those who REPOST other people’s pictures. Feel free to drop your tips in the comments.
You. Got. This.
Still looking for more bookstagram tips? I’m sharing how to start an account without spending lots of money.